Thursday, October 17, 2013

Weaving Away...

The RMWG (Rocky Mt. Weavers' Guild) Annual Fiber Art Show and Sale is in just a week from today. As usual, I have almost nothing finished... why does that keep happening? I've been working on a number of things to enter, but few of them are actually complete. It's going to be an interesting weekend, I imagine, as I try to finish a bunch of in-progress things.

I was going to do the dark camel brioche scarf, maybe a cowl for that show, but I won't. I can't knit it that fast.

I had intended to spend Tuesday weaving on the scarf I've had on the Harrisville loom for months on end. I hadn't finished it because the studio had become a howling disaster and there were too many things in the way. So, I spent most of Tuesday cleaning the studio instead. Was able to rearrange some things, find some things that had gone astray, and only found two spiders. So,by Tuesday night, late-ish, I finally sat down at the loom to weave on the gray color-and-weave scarf.

Ah, bliss. I love to weave; why had I put it off for so long? Humming right along, it was going great until the last of the Harrisville's original leather harness cables (is that the right term?) that raise and lower the shafts decided to snap, right in mid-treadle. Not hard to fix, but I wasn't about to do it when tired and approaching midnight.

Fixed it this morning, and weaving away. Two more feet ought to do it. Here's the scarf at present: Pattern from Jane Patrick's The Weaver's Idea Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment