Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Starting Down the Path

This last week I've decided to get more serious about doing some lifestyle changes; going it on my own just wasn't being effective. And, well, I can keep being depressed about where I am now, or I can do something about it. So, on a recommendation I found on someone else's blog, I signed up with SparkPeople), a *totally free* site with a large and enthusiastic healthy-living-and-weight-loss community. It's totally free because the founders and creators were early employees (and, I presume, investors) in eBay and they're using their income/royalties/whatever from that to give back to society.

Which is why I'm mentioning them on my blog. It is SO cool to see people who really put their money where their mouth is and do something to make a difference.

I've only been with the program a few days, so no big changes here yet. A few eye-openers, though. Actually tracking everything, I discovered that I consume a heck of a lot more sugar than I had ANY idea of. But yesterday I went for walkies to a nearby park (boring park, though --gotta pick a better one for the next destination) so I logged 2 miles in the old sneakers. I have never drunk this much water in my life, though -- but maybe that will keep away the summer headaches I used to get. Usually most of my fluid intake involves coffee beans or tea leaves.

Got some spinning in, too, yesterday. Still working with this gorgeous Corriedale-Bond white fleece (from "Nora")from Sheepfeathers Farm. Thanks, Robin--you're the best! And Sunday my sweetie Tay helped me get the 7' triangle loom hung on the wall so I can use it more easily. No more of the "collapsing easel ballet"!

I also found out that with a longish piece of stiff wire, in place of the top row of pins on the tri loom, it should be possible to weave any smaller size triangle you want --you're not limited to only the size that the tri-frame is, because you could start lower down on the triangle. Have to experiment with that.

I think I saw that on Wayne's Triangle Loom page, IIRC--he's showing how to weave a triangle on a square loom. Let me check to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment