Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Long Time, No Post


Yikes! It's been a while since I've posted, hasn't it? Last semester was really tough, and I didn't get a lot done on the fiber-artist front either.

But summer is less hectic as I only have 2 classes to teach (less lucrative too, but that's a different topic). So I'm trying to get back into the things I know I should be doing. Yesterday started cleaning up and rearranging the studio so that we can hang the tri-loom on the wall where I can use it instead of tripping over it.

Last week I finally got around to washing up some of the gorgeous fleece I bought last year from Sheepfeathers Farm; this particular one is a Corriedale/Bond cross ewe named Nora. I was overjoyed with how it's coming out -- just a fluffy snow-white pile of joy.

This morning I decided to take 1/2 hour before work and started spinning it up. Wow. It's just effortless, slipping through my fingers onto the bobbin.

Now I just have to decide what it's going to be when it's done.
The other thing I did before work was to post up my first set of polymer clay buttons on Etsy. I'm not sure how they'll do, but it's worth a try.

Have a fibery summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment